September 10, 2005

Inosanto Academy Seminar...

A couple of weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to teach a Kalis Ilustrisimo seminar at the world famous Dan Inosanto Academy in Marina del Rey, California. What a privilege and honor this was for me, especially since Sifu Dan Inosanto is my instructor in Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do and Filipino Martial Arts! (It is one thing for me to teach seminars in the US, Europe, Canada and Asia. It is quite another thing for me to teach a seminar at my instructor's academy with two of my instructors present! Talk about the ultimate in being nervous!)





There were about 45 people in attendance. Sifu Inosanto's place was crowded, especially with all those sticks and swords being swung around. Heck, Dale, one of my assistant instructors for the seminar, got hit in the eye by an errant sword. While he was watching one group to make sure they were performing the techniques correctly, another person from another group reached back to swing at his partner and hit Dale in the eyebrow and eye ball.








I would like to personally thank the following people for making this seminar a fun and memorabl experience for me:

1. To Sifu Dan Inosanto for welcoming and encouraging me to teach the seminar, for attending the seminar AND for being such a great host!
2. To Professor Salem Assli (my Boxe Francaise Savate instructor) for attending the seminar!
3. To all of Sifu Inosanto's students for making this seminar such an enjoyable experience! You all were so respectful and hospitable (A tribute to your instructor Guru Dan)
4. To Ms. Susan Gross for helping me teach the seminar.
5. To Mr. Dale Lowrimore for helping me teach the seminar, and, for being such a great sport when his eye was poked and his hand was accidentally hit pretty hard (by me).

Sincerely,

Roy Harris

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guro Dan is looking good! Sounds like it was a great seminar.

-Anthony S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home